My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.whykyra.com/crouching/
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Watch Her Disappear

Sorry for the lazy post, but I heard this song by Tom Waits for the first time this weekend and immediately fell in love with it. The imagery is amazing and the sound of the song is slow and sultry and mischievous and romantic. What a great song. I think that whole album is my new obsession.

Watch Her Disappear by Tom Waits

Last night I dreamed that I was dreaming of you
And from a window across the lawn I watched you undress
Wearing your sunset of purple tightly woven around your hair
That rose in strangled ebony curls
Moving in a yellow bedroom light
The air is wet with sound
The faraway yelping of a wounded dog
And the ground is drinking a slow faucet leak
Your house is so soft and fading as it soaks the black summer heat
A light goes on and the door opens
And a yellow cat runs out on the stream of hall light and into the yard
A wooden cherry scent is faintly breathing the air
I hear your champagne laugh
You wear two lavender orchids
One in your hair and one on your hip
A string of yellow carnival lights comes on with the dusk
Circling the lake with a slowly dipping halo
And I hear a banjo tango

And you dance into the shadow of a black poplar tree
And I watched you as you disappeared
I watched you as you disappeared

Listening to: Alice by Tom Waits
Reading: Brave New World by Aldous Huxley

1 Comments:

At 3:46 PM, Blogger The Humanity Critic said...

Just passing through, I'm liking the blog by the way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter