My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.whykyra.com/crouching/
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

10 Books You'd Like to See Made Into a Movie

How can the weekend sometimes seem so impossibly far off? That's how it seems today. May go sailing though, which would be awesome! We'll see. That sounds so New England preppy rich... "Well, I may go saaaiiiling this weekend".

Anyway, came across this Ten on Tuesday thing which is pretty cool, so here you go, though I can't even finish my first 10 list...will add to it.


10 Books You'd Like to See Made Into a Movie

  1. Celestine Prophecy by James Redfield
  2. Four Corners by Kira Salak
  3. Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer
  4. The Stand by Stephen King (I'd like to see an all-out movie, not a mini-series which was already done)
  5. Eleanor Rigby by Douglas Coupland
  6. Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro
  7. Deepsix by Jack McDevitt
  8. Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll (I know it’s been done, but it would be cool if Peter Jackson did it)

**********************************

'But then,' thought Alice. 'shall I never get any older than I am now? That'll be a comfort, one way--never to be an old woman--but then--always to have lessons to learn!'

**********************************

“Come, there’s no use in crying like that!” said Alice to herself rather sharply. “I advise you to leave off this minute!” She generally gave herself good advice (though she very seldom followed it).


**********************************
New book on my to-read list...
Letters from New Orleans by Rob Walker
I've been craving New Orleans. I've never been there but it keeps calling me. I guess for now I'll visit it in a book...

3 Comments:

At 5:52 PM, Blogger Eliza said...

I enjoy the Alice quotes. I memorized the Jabberwocky in 3rd grade for a play & have never forgotten it--I can still do a wonderful, dramatic rendition.

And one of my most favorite silly quotes has always been:
"The time has come, the Walrus said, to talk of many things. Of shoes & ships & ceiling wax, cabagges & kings. And why the sea is boiling hot & whether pigs have wings." :)

 
At 6:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

New Orleans, eh? It might not be up your alley, but check out Tom Robbins' 'Jitterbug Perfume' for a fun, quick read that will simplify the process of obtaining immortality and will also take you to New Orleans.

 
At 6:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way, what does the word bated mean?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter