My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.whykyra.com/crouching/
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Tales of a Female Nomad

I just started reading Tales of a Female Nomad by Rita Golden Gelman (thanks, Dave!) who, "at the age of forty eight, on the verge of a divorce, [I] looked around and thought, There has to be more than one way to do life. "

I've only read the first chapter, but wow! She and her husband decided to take a two month break and she decides to go to Mexico for that time, a place she had always wanted to visit. The biggest fear she has at this moment in the book is eating alone in a restaurant, yet she's fine living in Mexico for two months and deciding to find a tribe to immerse herself in. She is amazing and brave and I can't wait to immerse myself in this book.

Reminds me of my cousin, Heather, who after a bit of school, decided to leave for Europe. I'm not sure how long she's been there - over a year I'm sure. She was living in a cave in the side of a mountain near Grenada, Spain and is now living in Barcelona. How fearless and exciting! What an adventure. She was performing on stilts and blowing huge bubbles in the streets and living life so bravely...

Can't wait to get back into the book tonight.... :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter