My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.whykyra.com/crouching/
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, December 02, 2005

Dream time

So our dreams sit there in front of us and then at times we mingle with them and hold them in our hands and at times we ignore them or push them away...maybe even try to change them. But how many of the dreams that you've ignored for years keep coming back? Keep popping up when you least expect them? I guess those are the big I'M STILL YOUR DREAM! STOP IGNORING ME! moments. And hopefully we stop ignoring them. I am done ignoring mine. Done trying to change mine. They'll change and grow and shift on their own without me doing it intentionally. They already have. For me, creativity is the main driving force...combined with understanding and expression I suppose....throw some feeling into the mix and we are onto something!

What steps can we take and are we taking to make the dreams real?
For me, right now, it's using my hands. It's creating even when I don't feel like it. It's drawing even when I think I suck. It's continuing making things even when I make something that I find crappy. It's immersing myself in it and finding the courage and motivation to go with it. It's life I guess.


Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one getting burned.
-Buddha

We are born, so to speak, provisionally, it doesn't matter where. It is only gradually that we compose within ourselves our true place of origin so that we may be born there retrospectively and each day more definitely.
- Rainer Maria Rilke


Current mood: Painfully bored
Current music: The Be Good Tanyas

1 Comments:

At 5:58 AM, Blogger Marit Cooper said...

I think the most loving thing we can do is to fill the world with our dreams, or the fulfillment of them. To be creative in every way, to use our bodies, our talents and our minds to the full, and to not be afraid! As Julia Cameron says; jump! the net will be there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter