My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.whykyra.com/crouching/
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Autumnal bliss

This is from last year, but in honor of the first day of Autumn, here it is!

The autumn air silently slips in.
Hidden by the dwindling summer heat and energy.
It enravels the trees, cooling the leaves and dropping them into a new afterlife.
It slices the day into warm sun and cool darkness
and celebrates the transition with a full red moon that lights up the October sky,
bringing comfort, mystery and peaceful power.
The crisp air permeates my lungs as I take in a deep breath.
As the pace of life slows, I embrace the bittersweet celebration of the approaching sublime repose of winter and the departure of the sweet summer.
I take another deep inhale and sigh as I button up my sweater.
~KDK

Autumn is here. I love the changing of the seasons...so much perspective and excitement.

Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.
~ Albert Camus

Autumn wins you best by this its mute appeal to sympathy for its decay.
~Robert Browning

Spring comes with flowers, AUTUMN with the moon, summer with the breeze, winter with snow. When idle concerns don't fill your thoughts, that's your best season.
~Wu-Men

Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns.
~George Eliot


1 Comments:

At 11:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh yes! i was just saying to erich that there's something about the fall air... it has this sweet aroma... i think its really just the dirt getting sweeter and richer from the fallen/falling leaves... fall knows its time has come and its embracing it full force while still holding on to the summer its past love....

loooks like it'll be an indian summer!!! i'm tired of this area already.... let's go camping! the outside air and trees are begging us! we'll have a bonfire saturday its supposed to be brisk...loved ur pictures wish i had gone with you. love-m

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter