My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.whykyra.com/crouching/
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Wild Wild West

Just got back Sunday night from our trip out west. We were in Utah, Idaho (so much more beautiful than I expected), Wyoming, and Montana. What a trip. Tons of fun, tons of beauty, tons of powerful nature surrounding us. Yellowstone, Glacier, Grand Tetons, ghost towns, Salt Lake, bunches of other mountains and forests, geysers, hot springs, waterfalls, canyons.... A bit chilly for a summer vacation (it flurried the morning after we arrived and we had a snow covered hike in Glacier). It was great though.... HERE are lots of pictures. It was sad sad sad to be back in New Jersey with all of the speediness and pollution and noise and light... Such is life I suppose....

Some of the wild animals we saw (spotting animals was one of the best parts - especially in Yellowstone!)

Bison (buffalo) - my favorite! So much fun to watch.
Elk - the males are awesome - big horns and crazy sound that they make
Mule Deer
Coyote
Moose (mom and baby)
Black bear (no grizzlies unfortunately and fortunately)
Birds which I am not good at identifying
Lots of cows
Dogs, squirrels, chipmunks....
Slept with a packrat....yuck...
(Dave, what did I miss?)

And here are just a few pics...

5 Comments:

At 7:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Noodie has a damn good point. I hear that there are a lot of interesting job opps out there for web designers, and some cheap rent in the right places also. Hmm. I wish I was in the Northwest right now.

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger Kyra said...

So do I. Would be nice living out west for a few years...

 
At 1:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What did you forget!?!
A snake, fox, white-tailed deer, blue herons, mountain goats, mormons, sheep, horses, and a baby marmot!

 
At 12:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

K...beautiful pictures! Love the one of Dave pondering :)

 
At 7:32 AM, Blogger Marit Cooper said...

These pictures are so beautiful they look almost unreal. I'd like to live somewhere like that too :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter