My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.whykyra.com/crouching/
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, June 09, 2006

Let it pass

Sometimes it's so easy to get wrapped up and embedded in what we think someone is insinuating when none of it is based in reality. It's so difficult at times to let go of these thoughts that feel like reality. I find myself holding on to them so tightly sometimes that they manifest into reality just from squeezing too hard and thinking too much and analyzing to a fault. Who knows if this makes sense. I need to really practice...well, I think I have in the past year or so...sitting with a feeling and letting it pass instead of picking it apart and dwelling in it and making it bigger than everything else surrounding me. When I feel like something is off or when I hear a tone in someone's voice that makes me question their feelings toward me I need to just sit. I guess this is just a reminder to myself. Feel. Sit. After a while it will pass and it won't even really mingle with reality. It will just be gone.

5 Comments:

At 10:09 AM, Blogger Allison said...

i know what you mean! i have that struggle often. one thing my mom always taught me to do when i am feeling upset from something someone has said or done is to ask myself "what am i making this mean about me?" normally the upset is rooted in some thought i have about myself and not what anyone else is actually saying or doing. she also always reminds me, "you are never upset for the reasons you think." i think sitting with the feelings often helps me get to the bottom of what i am really feeling and why i am really upset and it hardly ever involves anyone else but me.

 
At 12:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

this sounds familiar...it also sounds, not like u speaking, but u...dont knwo if that makes any sense...it doesnt sound like u ranting or expressing or verbalizing...this sounds like the inside of u...its consistant w/ my impression of what u r LIKE...not to be confused w/ who u are or might be...very nice, very nice...not you, the blog entry...

 
At 12:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i just thought of this and i kind of like it: "I can't help you, but I can observe you..."

 
At 1:26 AM, Blogger Marit Cooper said...

Sounds like you need to love yourself better. If we assume that people don't care, that they mean us harm, that they don't love us, maybe there is a deep feeling of being unlovable, not good enough... on good days, when to sun is shining and all is right with the world we don't even care if people are a bit nasty. They hurt us by poking at the scabs of wounds already there, if we heal the wounds it doesn't hurt anymore... if we forgive ourselves we can look at others with more gentle eyes... does that make sense?

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger thisdreamergirl said...

I think we ALL need to work on Loving ourselves more.. being gentle and kind to ourselves..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter